Monday, September 8, 2014

FO: Dunes

Pattern/ návod: Dunes by Justyna Lorkowska.
Yarn/ příze: DROPS Baby Merino by Garnstudio.
                           Colour: 07 pink




The first sweater for my oldest one... it´s a shame I haven´t knit it sooner, she passed 3 in May! 

As for the sweater itself, I have mixed feelings. The pattern is great - I am definitely going to knit an adult version - but I haven´t done a great job. Well, it looks neat and nice, the fit is perfect and she looks lovely wearing the sweater, but I made too many little mistakes to feel truly happy about the result. May be I am growing a perfectionist..?

The pattern: Excellent! It will guide you through the whole process and leaves no doubts how to work. You can choose to knit several modifications (waist shaping, short sleeves). Although the sweater looks like a simple top down raglan, it contains short rows neckline shaping. The fit is TTS, I knit 4 year version for my 3 year old girl (average height and lower weight) and it fits perfect leaving a little room for growing. 

The yarn: This is my first time knitting with DROPS Baby merino, so I can´t tell much. I loved working with the yarn. It washed and blocked nice and the fabric is VERY soft with a slight drape. She is totally cuddly wearing this, I can´t put my hands off! After two weeks of frequent wearing it doesn´t pill so far. 

What makes me feel a bit unhappy: I misread the short rows pattern instructions and probably omitted to pick and knit one wrap, which means there is a small hole in front right under the neckline ribbing. At the same time I had to make something wrong in raglan increases, there is a small hole in front of the left sleeve too. I also haven´t done my best on picking armholes stitches, they look rather messy to my taste. (It got better after blocking and weaving the ends but still...)

No comments:

Post a Comment